American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) Statistics
Latest figures released in the USA have shown that the use of dermal fillers based on a Hyaluronic Acid formulation, such as the Juvéderm® range is on the up, with HA treatments increasing by 8% from 2013 – 2014.
Industry data has shown that unit sales of hyaluronic acid fillers was up 17% in the same period.
So why are hyaluronic acid fillers becoming so increasingly popular?
Well one of the reasons is a greater awareness and understanding of the product, as more people see how very effective it can be in smoothing away the signs of ageing.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Filler
There are a series of features which make HA dermal fillers so appealing and effective:
- The top use of hyaluronic acid filler is in anti-ageing treatments. The loss of natural hyaluronic acid is one of the causes of wrinkles, so replenishing it is a very logical way of reducing or removing wrinkles in order to make the skin look younger and smoother.
- Natural compatibility with the human body, as Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance within the skin which creates volume, but depletes over time. Replenishing the HA allows the skin to retain volume better.
- HA works by retaining moisture – holding up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This also keeps the skin looking fresh, hydrated and supple.
- Range of products available – HA fillers now come in a variety of formulations to suit different uses. Some, like Juvederm Ultra, work well on localised areas such as the nose to mouth lines. Others, like Voluma, are for more generalised revolumisation such as cheek hollows. The flexibility makes them a very versatile choice for customising patient treatments.
- HA fillers give immediate results which both the patient and doctor can approve straightaway to check they’re happy with the volume added. Results tend to look even better a few days later when any initial swelling or redness will have settled down.
Dermal Filler Consultation
For anybody considering dermal filler treatment, it is important to be as informed as possible. Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre in Northamptonshire based company offer a range of Juvederm filler options.
All patients start with an initial consultation in order to assess their needs as well as any pertinent medical background and past treatments, before recommending the most appropriate treatment option. There is no pressure to proceed until both patient and doctor are completely satisfied with the treatment programme.
All consultations and treatments are carried out by Dr John Tanqueray, who works closely with Allergan and is also an accredited UK trainer.
Dr John Tanqueray at Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre based in Hardingstone near Northampton has carried out cosmetic injections since 1999 and is renowned for a natural looking result which is never overdone.