Acne is a common condition affecting an astonishing 650 million people worldwide, yet remains quite misunderstood. A new infographic by ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi MD has been produced to explain some of the key facts in an easy to understand format.
Acne vulgaris (acne) is an inflammatory dermatosis of the skin which cases spots and oily skin, commonly on the face (99%), back (60%) and chest (15%).
Symptoms of Acne
- seborrhea, comedones,
- pustules, papules,
- nodules, cysts
Who Gets Acne
- Acne vulgaris is most common between the ages of 12-30 and peaks around 17 years of age
- Also affects young Caucasian adults
- 25% of men and 50% of women will suffer at some point in their lives
- Rosacea acne occurs in adults between 30 and 50 years old, especially in women
- Caused by poor diet
- NO – research has not linked any foods to acne
- However, a healthy balanced diet is still recommended for general health reasons
- Caused by having dirty skin and poor hygiene
- Most of the acne problems are triggered beneath the skin not on the surface
- Washing should not be neglected, but more than twice a day could aggravate the skin
- Squeezing blackheads and spots is the best way to get rid of acne
- NO – this can make symptoms worse and leave scarring
- Sunbathing, sunbeds and sunlamps help to improve acne
- There is NO conclusive evidence supporting prolonged exposure to sunlight to improve acne
- Sun exposure also carries risk of pigmentation and developing melanoma
- Acne is infectious
- NO – you can’t catch acne
Acne Skin Consultation
If you have concerns about acne, acne scarring, rosacea or acne pigmentation, then a consultation with Dr John Tanqueray at Mulberry House Clinic could be very helpful. As a practising GP, Dr Tanqueray can take a qualified look at the condition and assess the most appropriate treatment. Mulberry House Clinic offer a range of options that could be very effective in tackling acne, including:
At Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre we believe that getting the right advice is vital to anybody contemplating skin treatment, so our consultations are designed to allow uninhibited discussion and professional advice.
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre
Mulberry House Clinic is equipped with advanced skin treatment technology options including laser, PRP, radiofrequency and plasma. Mulberry House Clinic also offer popular anti-ageing injections such as botox and dermal fillers including the 8-point facelift.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please complete our contact form, call 01604 702630 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.