Thermal Fractional Facial Rejuvenation
Tixel is a new non-surgical skin treatment which uses heat to rejuvenate the skin rather than injections, lasers or other technology.
The adjustable device incorporates a titanium plate with a series of 81 tiny points over its 1cm2 surface area. The brief contact delivers heat of up to 400ºC and breaks the skin’s surface. This process has similar effects and results to much more aggressive procedures, yet has been found safer with shorter recovery and downtime.
It involves no injections, no lasers and no chemicals; so appeals to patients looking for a more natural way to rejuvenate the skin.
A number of papers have been published which support the claims of Tixel.
Skin Rejuvenation Results with Tixel
- ‘Fractional treatment of aging skin with Tixel, a clinical and histological evaluation.’
- J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2016;18(1):31-7. Elman M, Fournier N, Barnéon G, Bernstein EF, Lask G.
- Clinical evaluation of Tixel treatment on 26 people, who each received three facial treatments, 4-5 weeks part
- Results showed that:
- Complexion improvement in all patients
- Average treatment pain 3.1/10
- Average downtime 0-1 days
- Average redness clearance 3.5 days
- Patient satisfaction 75%
- Wrinkle reduction in 75% of patients
- No adverse incidences (bleeding, scarring, or postinflammatory hyperpigmentation)
- The authors were satisfied that this proved the safety of Tixel for ablative and nonablative resurfacing
Delivery of Serums/Products to the Skin After Tixel
- ‘A novel thermo-mechanical system enhanced transdermal delivery of hydrophilic active agents by fractional ablation’
- Int J Pharm. 2016 Sep 25;511(2):821-30. Sintov AC, Hofmann MA
- Tested permeability of 3 water-soluble molecules, including vitamin C
- Tixel was applied to the skin for 8-9 milliseconds at a depth of 400μm.
- Results showed that the micro-channels remained open for at least 6 hours
- Skin permeability was significantly enhanced by pretreating with Tixel
Tixel Treatment Northamptonshire
Tixel treatment is available at Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre in Northamptonshire – one of a handful of clinics in the UK to offer the innovative treatment.
Results so far have been excellent – see images at:
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre has an excellent reputation in the Northampton area as an independent, doctor-led practice with over 10 years experience. Dr John Tanqueray is a former GP who can assess and diagnose skin conditions from a medical perspective before suggesting the most appropriate treatments.
A private consultation is the starting point for all patients in order to facilitate a full discussion about the desired results as well as detailed facial and skin assessment. Find out more about first consultation.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please complete our contact form, call 01604 702630 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.