Psoriasis is a very difficult skin condition, but sufferers often report that it tends to get better in the summer.
It is generally thought that increased exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light is a help to psoriasis. Longer daylight hours, more time spent outside and stronger sun rays all combine to increase the amount of UV exposure for the skin.
However, it is very important not to overexpose the skin to the sun. UV rays can be harmful to the skin, so sunscreen is essential to prevent sun damage, premature ageing and even skin cancer. Sunscreen can be an irritant, so choose formulations suitable for sensitive skin, as these are less likely to irritate the problem.
There are other ways of getting ‘safe’ light-based treatments for psoriasis.
Dermalux LED offers an alternative treatment option for psoriasis.
- Non-invasive skin treatment option harnesses the power of 3 specifically chosen light waves (red, near infrared and blue light treatment) that are absorbed by the skin
- Light waves work to boost the skin’s renewal and healing processes, with cell renewal and collagen production
- Can improve a host of skin concerns and issues including psoriasis
- Gentle and safe for sensitive and inflamed skin. By preventing bacterial infection and relieving itchiness, the clinically proven, UV free alternative stimulates the body’s own natural response for healing.
Dermalux LED vs Sunlight Treatment
For psoriasis sufferers, Dermalux offer a number of advantages over natural sunlight
- Safer treatment, avoiding the risks of sun damage associated with natural sunlight
- Controlled treatment, with set strengths, wavelengths and treatment times according to the requirements
- Not weather dependent – in the UK, we can never bank on the sun. LED therapy offers the benefits of safe light treatment year round, whatever the weather
LED Treatment Northamptonshire
Dermalux treatment was launched at Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre based in Hardingstone near Northampton back in June 2013 and has proven its versatility and effectiveness with a wide variety of patients and a range of differing skin conditions and requirements.
For more information see
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre has an excellent reputation in the Northampton area as an independent, doctor-led practice with over 10 years experience. Cosmetic skin treatments are carried out by Dr John Tanqueray, who also works with Allergan to train other professionals in his skills and techniques.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please complete our contact form, call 01604 702630 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.