Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
Lasers and other advanced technology skin treatments offer a new approach to anti-ageing, but the high tech terminology such as ‘ablative’, ‘non-ablative’ and ‘fractional’ can be confusing. What does it all mean?
In summary, the difference between ablative and non-ablative treatments is as follows:
- This conducts energy/heat below the skin’s surface without damaging the external skin layer
- This triggers a cellular reaction in the skin, which stimulates collagen and elastin production
- The result is firmer, plumper skin
- Treatment bypasses the surface of the skin to work on deeper layers (dermis)
- This works at the skin’s surface (epidermis) by creating a minor ‘wounding’ to the skin which is designed to trigger a healing response
- Ablative treatment causes the skin to shed outermost layers, like a peel
- Also stimulates production of collagen beneath the skin (dermis)
- This is a more intensive treatment
- Fractional treatment delivers treatment in ‘spots’ or ‘columns’ which reach vertically through the skin, but leave unaffected areas of skin in between
- The size, spacing and depth of the spots can be adjusted according to the intensity of treatment that is desired
- Fractional treatment can be non-ablative (for quicker healing) or ablative (for a deeper result)
- Healing is usually quicker as surrounding tissue is unharmed
Lasers and Other Technologies
At Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre, Northamptonshire
- Laser treatment is probably the best known means of carrying out ablative or non-ablative skin rejuvenation
- The procedure uses laser energy (essentially light energy) to stimulate the skin
- Some laser treatments/systems are ablative, some are non-ablative and some systems combine both technologies
- Find out about Laser treatment at Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre, which treats facial veins, rosacea, acne, pigmentation
- Radiofrequency is a form of non-ablative treatment which uses radiofrequency energy rather than a laser to create a tightening effect.
- Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre no longer offer radiofrequency treatment as other technologies now offer superior results – which are more consistent, effective and less painful. We have been very impressed with Tixel thermal fractional rejuvenation treatment
Thermal Fractional Rejuvenation
- Thermal Fractional Rejuvenation is a new alternative treatment which uses heat to regenerate the skin.
- Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre offer award-winning Tixel
- Tixel can offer results equivalent to aggressive laser or deep peels and can deliver non-ablative or ablative treatments with a range of setting options
- Recommended for skin tightening and rejuvenation, pigmentation, hyperpigmentation, melasma, skin texture and skin tone improvements
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre has an excellent reputation in the Northampton area as an independent, doctor-led practice with over 10 years experience. Dr John Tanqueray is a former GP who can assess and diagnose skin conditions from a medical perspective before suggesting the most appropriate treatments.
A private consultation is the starting point for all patients in order to facilitate a full discussion about the desired results as well as detailed facial and skin assessment. Find out more about first consultation.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please complete our contact form, call 01604 702630 or email: email@example.com.