The annual American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery survey shows that the trend for selfies continues to have an enormous impact on aesthetics.
AAFPRS is the world’s largest association of facial plastic surgeons. Their annual survey gives a great insight into the top trends in facial plastic surgery.
This year, the influence of selfies is higher than ever before, as 55% of facial plastic surgeons say that they’d seen patients who want to look better in selfies (up 13% vs previous year).
Other key statistics emerging from the survey of AAFPRS members included:
- Average number of procedures performed by AAFPRS members up 25% since 2012
- 56% increase in cosmetic surgery or injectables with patients under age 30 last year
- More than 4 in every 5 treatments in 2017 were cosmetic non-surgical procedures
- A natural-looking outcome is paramount, with 33% of patients stating a fear of looking unnatural as their top concern
AAFPRS President William H. Truswell, M.D, said:
“This emerging segment is knowledgeable about high tech skincare and sun prevention and starts with facial injectables before they turn thirty.
“As more Millennials come of age and gain disposable income for aesthetic treatments, our members have seen steady growth in the demand for cosmetic procedures.”
Read press release: AAFPRS Annual Survey reveals Trends In Facial Plastic Surgery
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre help many patients to fight the signs of ageing using advanced non-surgical treatments, products and advanced techniques for turning back the clock, including:
- Non-surgical facelift – using advanced dermal fillers in a structural way by adding volume at specific points to lift the facial tissues into a more youthful look
- Non-surgical neck lift – a procedure which lifts and rejuvenates the neck area using FTC Fine Thread Contour PDO Threads
- Thread lift – a procedure which uses specially designed threads to lift the structure of facial tissues from within
- Plexr Soft Surgery System – a new treatment which uses plasma energy and a process of ionisation which causes the skin tissues to tighten. Offers a ‘non-surgical blepharoplasty’ (eye lift), as well as face lift and neck lift
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre has an excellent reputation in the Northampton area as an independent, doctor-led practice with over 10 years experience. Cosmetic skin treatments are carried out by Dr John Tanqueray, who also works with Allergan to train other professionals in his skills and techniques.
A private consultation is suggested in the first instance in order to facilitate a full discussion about the desired results as well as detailed facial and skin assessment. Find out more about first consultation.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please complete our contact form, call 01604 702630 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.