British College of Aesthetic Medicine Audit
Results show that the cosmetic treatments carried out by BCAM members were extremely safe, with low instances of problems, which tended to be minor.
As a member of the British College of Aesthetic Medicine (BCAM) John is obliged to share the outcomes of all his treatments. These statistics are collated along with those of 350 other BCAM members (all of whom are GMC registered doctors) to provide data on the safety of popular non-surgical treatments.
Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- 0.2% of treatments resulted in any problem, however minor
- Over 24,000 treatments carried out, this was less than 2 out of every thousand
- The majority of these were bruising or an inadequate result requiring additional treatment/adjustment
- Very rarely there were issues relating to lowering of the eyelid – this is a recognised complication that John has seen in his practice only twice in 15 years.
Dermal Filler Treatments
- 0.3% of treatments resulted in any problem, however minor
- Over 22,000 treatments were recorded – 3 per thousand had an issue
- The majority of these were bruising or an insufficient result
- These were less commonly carried out
- Problems following treatment were restricted to
- Bruising (for some lasers this can be normal, though not with ours!)
- Or minor pigmentary changes
Low Complication Rates
Dr Tanqueray welcomed the results:
It is good to see that our rate of problems or complications after treatments compares favourably with those of doctors around the country.Dr. John Tanqueray, MB BCh MRCGP DCH DRCOG DipOccMed BCAM
See Dr John Tanqueray’s BCAM membership profile at: https://bcam.ac.uk/doctor/dr-john-tanqueray/.
Patients can also use the BCAM website to search for BCAM registered doctors across the UK at https://bcam.ac.uk/about-aesthetic-medicine/find-an-aesthetic-doctor/.
Finding a Cosmetic Treatment Practitioner
Many people are surprised to learn that non-surgical treatment providers don’t have to be medically qualified or suitably trained. Dr John Tanqueray has created a report to help patients choose a safe and suitable provider. The report is free to download from this website.
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre has an excellent reputation in the Northampton area as an independent, doctor-led practice with over 10 years experience. Cosmetic skin treatments are carried out by Dr John Tanqueray, who also works with Allergan to train other professionals in his skills and techniques.
A private consultation is suggested in the first instance in order to facilitate a full discussion about the desired results as well as detailed facial and skin assessment. Find out more about first consultation.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please complete our contact form, call 01604 702630 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.