Lip Enhancement Opinion
Lip augmentation with dermal fillers has a mixed press.
According to a survey:
- 63% would like fuller lips
- 78% say they would avoid lip fillers due to fear of ‘trout pout’, the health risks and the cost of treatment
Source: survey of 1,000 women by beauty retailer Escentual.com, as featured in Daily Mail.
On the one hand, the dangers of bad practice are now quite widely understood, with celebrities such as Leslie Ash suffering the consequences of bad work and facing media criticism along with pain and a long-lasting struggle to put things right.
Yet on the other hand, lip enhancement is one of the most popular procedures carried out in the UK. Larger lips are seen as attractive and desirable. Lip fillers make them achievable. The procedure is undoubtedly popular among the younger clientele, where fuller, shapelier lips are the goal; but also among patients who are seeking the procedure for anti-ageing goals – to rejuvenate thin or lined lips.
The demand for lip fillers has led to more practitioners entering the market. As there is no regulation around lip fillers, there is no control over who can carry out lip fillers. Although the procedure is injectable, there is no need for a medical qualification or even a beauty qualification to inject.
The procedure is very safe in the right hands, so patients are advised to choose a practitioner very carefully.
What to Look For in a Lip Fillers Practitioner
- Medical qualification – this is not compulsory but is highly advisable
- Aesthetics qualification – a good practitioner will have undertaken specific training in aesthetics
- Experience – while fillers are considered a relatively new phenomenon, practitioners like Dr John Tanqueray at Mulberry House Clinic have well lover a decade’s experience in the industry
- Specialist – some practitioners have a ‘main job’ which is not aesthetics. Regular practice is clearly an indicator of greater skill
- Established – a permanent premises with ‘bricks and mortar’ base is a very good sign that the practitioner has invested in building their own business for the future
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre has an excellent reputation in the Northampton area as an independent, doctor-led practice with over 10 years experience. Dr John Tanqueray is a former GP who can assess and diagnose skin conditions from a medical perspective before suggesting the most appropriate treatments.
A private consultation is the starting point for all patients in order to facilitate a full discussion about the desired results as well as detailed facial and skin assessment. Find out more about first consultation.
For further information or to arrange a confidential consultation, please complete our contact form, call 01604 702630 or email: email@example.com.