The sun is one of the major causes of premature skin ageing. Exposure to the sun’s UV rays can cause premature lines and wrinkles as well as sun spots and loss of texture.
This report on CNN recently showed the startling effects of the sun in the extreme. A trucker who had been driving for 28 years has significantly older-looking skin on the side of his face facing the window.
Sun Damage Prevention
There’s no secret as to how to prevent sun damage. The advice is as simple as:
- Wear sun screen daily with a high SPF
- Stay in or avoid the sun where possible
- Wear a hat or cover up with clothing
If you can’t stay out of the sun, a new study by Australian researchers has shown that regular sunscreen use protects the skin against sun damage, the signs of which include:
- sun spots
- loss of elasticity
Surprisingly, these results are the first to prove sunscreen’s anti-aging properties. In the 4-year study, participants that used sunscreen daily were 24% less likely to show increased signs of aging.
Sun Damage – Treatment
However, if your skin is showing the signs of sun damage already, it is not too late to reverse the visible signs of premature ageing.
The latest cosmetic and laser treatments offer an array of options that can make a difference to the way the skin looks and feels.
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre based in Northamptonshire have the latest laser technology as well as popular cosmetic treatments.
Treatment options for sun damage include:
- NEW LED treatment
- Laser Treatments
- Portrait Skin Regeneration using plasma energy
- Dermaroller Therapy microneedling treatment
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy) Tropocells
- Prescription Skincare including Obagi
- Thermage radiofrequency treatment
- Facial Peels for intensive exfoliation
- Microdermabrasion for skin retexturing
Northamptonshire Skin Treatments
Mulberry House Clinic & Laser Centre based in Hardingstone near Northampton have an excellent reputation for providing the latest skincare and laser treatments.